Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Motorcycles in Heaven

Jeffrey Alan Chandler was my cousin and an all around amazing guy. He got his first tattoo when he was just a teenager and he did not stop until his body was completely covered. His two favorite things in the world were tattoos and motorcycles. One day Jeff was in a horrible motorcycle accident. Unfortunately the accident took away his leg. It did not, however, take his spirit. His prosthetic leg was actually a Harley Davidson design. He made jokes about being a foot shorter. That was just Jeff. Nothing seemed to break him.

Jeff had lots of kids that he loved very much. His two oldest were twins; Zach and Lexi. Zach and Lexi had a younger half sister, not related to Jeff in any way. On weekends when Jeff would pick up the twins he would see little Tori just left behind. Jeff started bringing Tori with them on weekends and he never looked back. Tori became his daughter and there was nothing more to it.

Jeff passed away a little over a year ago. He spent a week in a coma and passed once he was taken off life support. He was a very important man in my life and I miss him very much. Jeff was the kind of guy that didn't only love someone because they were related but because they deserved to be loved. That is just the person he was. I am of course not the only one who misses him. Tori misses her father more than you could possibly imagine and she got one of his tattoos to honor him.


4 comments:

  1. I used to call him my scary cousin because he had all these tattoos. His laugh was contagious and his heart was incredibly giving and empathetic. Which is why my next tattoo will be an open heart with his initials entwined within it. Miss him just as much today, but when we ride the bike I see him in the clouds and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff took me to get my first tattoo when i was 16 and we got ink together. I think he was still working I n his terminator tattoo at tue time. I still think of him and the experience everytime i look at my wrist

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff took me to get my first tattoo when i was 16 and we got ink together. I think he was still working I n his terminator tattoo at tue time. I still think of him and the experience everytime i look at my wrist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff took me to get my first tattoo when i was 16 and we got ink together. I think he was still working I n his terminator tattoo at tue time. I still think of him and the experience everytime i look at my wrist

    ReplyDelete